A dream is a wish your heart makes when you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartaches. Whatever you wish for, you keep. Have faith in your dreams, and someday, your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dreams that you wish will come true. --Cinderella

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dia Seis- Dia Nueve

On Sunday, we left Madrid; I was ready to escape the thrill of the never sleeping city. We headed to Granada by train. I had never been on a train before, so for five hours I gazed out the window. The train weaved through the mountains and sunflower fields, as villages would dance past my window. I just sat in my seat taking it all in, imagining how my life would change. We were awaited by our bus at the Granada train station. When the bus pulled out of the station, my eyes were opened to see the vast city. The city was lined with architecturally savvy light posts and overflowing flowers. I guess you could say it was love at first sight. Here is where our National Geographic Expert, Toni, joined us on our adventure. He is a character to say the least, who has a passion for what he does. His outgoing nature has stirred up the passion and excitement within all of us. His life has been one of photographs, filled with animation. He leads a life we all admire. With his presence, there has been an extra spark while we walk through the streets or visit the Alhambra. He is a humorous teacher, who doesn’t mind critiquing our photographs. We are lucky to have him with us. But we are also lucky to have better food here in Granada. Helado and Gelato shops are found on every corner, this is definitely a group favorite. Unfortunately tonight is our last night with Toni, and we are going to watch the Spain vs. USA futbol match before a night shoot. The days have been full and long, we haven’t gotten much sleep. But when it comes down to it, it is so worth it. This trip has offered me experiences I may never again revisit, and for that I am thankful. As the trip goes on, I am expecting to take away a lot from the dazzling city of Granada.

1 comment: